Efficient MOT & Service
"Overall great service, would recommend.
Only downside was I booked with free pick-up and drop-off, waited in Saturday morning for my car to be collected, only to be called at 9:30am and told that I needed to bring in my car to the garage as soon as possible so they could complete the work.
Apparently this service is only available on weekdays – although I didn’t see this information anywhere while booking, a little misleading!"
"Forgot to inform me that the car was ready after waiting all day. Log book not stamped"
"The staff are superb! Had a phone call from the reception in less than 5 mins after requesting services and booked in there and then. The facility looks neat and well looked after & the MOT/repairs area is gated - was happy to leave my car there over night. Staff kept me informed on the progress throughout the process. Will definitely be a returning customer! Definitely recommend!"
"Good work. Well priced. Let down by no lift that was pre-booked."
"Staff so helpful and welcoming .
Will be back
Thank you Brian"
"Very satisfied with my vehicle service great work great customer service"
"Staff were friendly and professional. Kept me updated of the progress by supplying me the video link when the car was on the ramp and the outcome of the service+MOT. Their price is very competitive compare to other garages in Coventry"
A GREAT JOB DONE
"TOP SERVICE & A TOP PRICE"
"Very happy with the level of service, regular updates and value for money"
"Very happy speedy and efficient"
"Very happy with service and MOT, they came to collect the car, kept in contact us and let us know when they were dropping it back to us, thank you"
What is a car alternator?
A car alternator keeps your car's battery charged, which is obviously important because a charged battery starts your car and powers everything electrical within it. It does so using a drive belt (sometimes referred to as a serpentine belt) to convert the mechanical energy of the car's rotating crankshaft into electricity through a process of induction.
What are the possible signs of a faulty alternator?
- Your car is difficult or slow to start.
- Growling, whirring, whining or squealing noises are emanating from your car's engine.
- Your car’s interior and exterior lights seem too dim, blink erratically, gradually fade, suddenly get brighter or don’t come on at all.
- The red light on your car’s dash with the image of a battery (or the words ALT or GEN) becomes illuminated.
- Your speedometer has stopped working.
- You can smell rubber burning.
- Your car fails a multimeter test at a garage.
What is the cause of a faulty car alternator?
- The component, a brush, which maintains constant electrical contact with the spinning alternator, becomes worn.
- The voltage regulator, which makes sure that the electrical charge is passed to the battery at the correct voltage, fails.
How long does a car alternator last?
- On average, a car alternator can last for 8-12 years without needing for any repairs.
How much does it cost to repair a faulty alternator?
- On average, it costs between £150-£300 to repair or replace a broken car alternator depending on the vehicle.
- Refurbished car alternators are available but do not offer that much of a cost saving.
How and where can I get a car alternator repaired?
- BookMyGarage is partners with over 9,000 garages in the UK so we can almost certainly find one to repair or replace your car.
- Go to bookmygarage.com, enter your car registration and postcode, and then press the search button.
- Sort the results by etc.
- Call one of our expert mechanics on 03304 004439 for help and advice if needed.
Coventry is the 10th largest city in England, harbouring a population of more than a third of a million inhabitants. It was once the country’s capital, and its rich heritage includes the Lady Godiva legend and St. Mary’s Guildhall where kings and queens were entertained. Coventry has been through its economic ups and downs, but has flowered in recent decades into a thriving and culturally rich city, unrecognisable from the ‘Ghost Town’ referred to by The Specials in their 1981 hit.
The 14th century St. Michael’s Cathedral is the city’s best-known landmark, and German bombing during the Second World War left only the outer walls and soaring spire intact. This evocative space remains one of the most important international symbols of peace and reconciliation in the world, and Graham Sutherland’s celebrated tapestry, ‘Christ in Glory,’ poignantly echoes this sentiment. Nearby, the Cathedral quarter connects Coventry old and new. Regeneration has revived original and reconstructed buildings with a range of excellent pubs, cafes and restaurants.
A number of chain and art house cinemas, plus a diverse range of theatre and arts centres provide regular, traditional and cutting-edge entertainment. Following a recent multi-million pound expansion, The Herbert Art Gallery and Museum is a great place to go with all the family, and The Coventry Transport Museum holds the largest collection of British transport in the world.
Much of Coventry city centre is pedestrianised but you’ll find on-street, short and long stay car parks in the centre. For specialist shops go to medieval Spon Street, Hertford Street and in the City Arcade. If you’re looking for a more distinctive browsing experience, you’ll find independent shopping and creative arts at Fargo Village on Far Gosford St.
Coventry is served by the M45, which connects to the M1 and to London. The M40, served by the A45 and A46 dual carriageways, is ten miles south of the city and offers an alternate route to London. A dual-carriageway runs north–south and links the city centre with the M6 motorway. The inner ring road circles the city on concrete stilts, and can be confusing for drivers visiting for the first time.
The roads around Coventry, however, are some of the safest in the country, showing no medium- to high-risk roads at all. The motorways and single carriageways of the West Midlands have the greatest in-built safety of any region.
Find the best garages for a service or repairs in Coventry at BookMyGarage, or call our Concierge service on 03304 004439 for free advice from an expert mechanic.