How do I know if my brakes need replacing or repairing?
To ensure that your car remains safe to drive, your pads and discs should be replaced at regular intervals. Some of the warning signs for faulty brakes are:
- Your brake pads squeal or grind
- The brake feels 'spongy' when you depress the pedal
- It's taking increased effort to stop or slow your car
- The car is pulling to one side when braking
- There's juddering or vibration when braking
- The brake pedal can be pushed to the floor
- The brake pedal doesn't 'spring back' when released.