Why Use BookMyGarage For Your Vauxhall Diagnostic Check?
We have helped over 5 million drivers compare and save on their MOT, servicing and repair costs at local garages. In fact, when you compare garages through our online comparison site, you can save up to 70% when you choose one of the lower-cost options!
As one of the UK’s leading MOT and service comparison sites, we’re dedicated to helping drivers save money on their car maintenance. Here are just some of the ways we keep you in control of your diagnostic check for your Vauxhall car:
Honest Reviews & Ratings. See what like-minded drivers have to say about every garage on our comparison site to help inform your decision. Always unfiltered and unedited for transparency.
Direct Comparisons. Every garage on our system has priced their servicing costs against the same schedules, allowing you to compare garages ‘like-for-like’. That means that when you book a lower-cost option for your Vauxhall diagnostic check, you know you’re getting the best deal.
Plenty of Choice. We may recommend certain garages depending on your location or the product you select, but you always have the final say. There are thousands of fast-fit, independent and franchised garages on our online comparison site, so you’re able to see all your options and choose the best local garage for you.
Compare deals and save up to 70% on your car maintenance when you choose one of the lower-cost options through BookMyGarage. Enter your vehicle reg and postcode to compare instant prices on car diagnostic checks and book the best deal today.
How to Book Car Diagnostics For Your Vauxhall
- Enter your vehicle reg and postcode.
- Compare deals. You can sort garages in your area by whatever best suits your needs: price, distance, reviews and ratings or availability.
- Pick a date and time for your appointment.
After you book your diagnostic check, we send you a confirmation email with a summary of your booking. We also inform the garage and they may also be in touch to confirm the appointment or to ask for extra details.
You never pay for your booking until after all the work has been completed and deal with the garage directly after the initial booking process. You also have the ability to change or cancel your booking for free until the day of your appointment.
How Much Does a Vauxhall Diagnostic Check Cost?
The price of a car diagnostic test can vary, depending on the garage that you visit. Each garage offers its car diagnostics for a fixed price, ranging from £30 - £100. Enter your vehicle registration number and postcode into BookMyGarage to instantly compare prices on diagnostic checks from garages near you. This will help you book the best deal on your appointment.
What Does a Diagnostic Check Include?
A diagnostic check can detect problems with your vehicle which may be difficult to spot manually. It includes a full health check of your car's engine and electrical systems. A technician will plug your vehicle into a specialised code reader and scan the ECU (Engine Control Unit) for fault codes. They will then interpret these fault codes and find the exact cause of your issue.
When you book an appointment, you get:
- A full report of your vehicle's health
- State-of-the-art diagnostic tools
- Knowledge and advice from an expert mechanic
- Print-out results to show any issues or areas of concern
The test itself will let you know if you have any issues in the following areas:
- Engine Management
- Ignition Coils
- Oil Tank
- And other major components
How Long Do Car Diagnostics Take?
Car diagnostics take around 90 minutes to complete. Depending on the cause of your problem, the repair time may take longer. A technician will contact you once they have an accurate idea of the problem to provide a repair quote.
Why Is a Car Diagnostic Check Important?
A diagnostic check can detect a potential problem with your car, even before a breakdown. It is also a quick, easy and accurate way to understand any issue with your car. This can include a dashboard warning light or strange noise.
Identifying the problem early will give you the chance to get it fixed before it can become a more expensive repair.
When Do You Need to Book a Car Diagnostics Appointment?
There are many different signs which will indicate that your vehicle needs a diagnostic check. If you suspect that there is an issue with your car but don’t know what, you will probably want to book a diagnostic check to find out what the problem is.
Some of the problems a diagnostic check can solve include:
- Engine warning light - if the engine warning light appears on your dashboard, it’s important to take your vehicle to a garage as soon as possible as there is a wide variety of problems which the light may be flagging up.
- Strange noises – any strange noises coming from your car need to be checked out before they turn into more serious problems. Some of these sounds may include; whining from the bonnet, abnormally loud exhaust, uneven engine noise, brake squealing or gear crunching.
- Smoke - if you see smoke or steam coming from under the bonnet, your vehicle may be overheating.
- Vibrating - if you notice any vibrating or pulling under your brake, the issue may be due to worn brake discs or pads. However, it could also indicate a problem with your suspension or steering.
Founded by a Scottish marine engineer in (you guessed it) Vauxhall, London in 1857, the company has been under the umbrella of American giant General Motors since 1925. Notable former Vauxhall cars include classics such as the Victor, Chevette, and Cavalier, while the current car range includes city cars like the Adam and Viva, extended range electric cars like the Ampera, the Astra, and the Zafira Tourer, a large MPV. Vauxhall also sells high-performance versions of a smattering of its offerings under the sub-brand VXR.
In the UK market at least, Vauxhall is regularly in the running with Ford to top the sales charts (although it’s never quite taken top spot).